Waste Water Treatment
|Location: Sharpham Vineyard, Devon
||Client: Sharpham Partnership
|Date: January 2006
- To design a waste water treatment system for a cheese dairy and wine making operation in the South Hams.
How Aardvark Delivered:
- The client’s objectives were to deliver sustainable secondary treatment system for the waste effluent arising from the cheese making operation
- Due to the remote location of the site, a mains connection for waste water disposal was not an option and therefore the client was seeking a sustainable option
- Aardvark designed a three stage reedbed system comprising of one vertical and two horizontal reedbeds, framed above ground construction with gravel media which was fed via a controlled pumping system from a subsurface settlement and fat trap
- The reedbed system was designed by Aardvark to be a flat pack design enabling local groundwork contractors to build the system
- Aardvark were required to commission the system and provide ongoing monitoring.