Timber and Soil Analysis
|Location: Crocodan Farm, Cornwall
||Client: Mann Forestry
|Date: June 2005
- Establish potential contaminants arising from agricultural chemical residues.
How Aardvark Delivered:
- Aardvark were instructed to undertake a contamination assessment of agricultural waste deposited in a saddle stone barn at Crocodon Farm, St. Mary’s, Cornwall
- Due to a substandard waste management policy of the previous remains, a number of agricultural pesticides had been stored in a barn which in turn had leaked and caused deteriorations of the building structure
- The building lies adjacent to agricultural land; there was the potential for a pathway from the contaminant to the cropped area
- Aardvark undertook a source pathway receptor analysis of the site and potential contaminants and advice was given on remediation strategies.